ZEV Large Frame Billet Receiver Set
The ZEV Technologies Large Frame Billet Receiver Set was designed to complement the enhanced features of the ZEV rifle product line while retaining compatibility with SR25/DPMS pattern accessories to give you the most options for completing your build.
All receivers are precision-machined from solid billet aluminum and are held to extremely tight tolerances and high quality standards to ensure consistent fit and function. With its ambidextrous features, light weight, and superior finish, the ZEV Billet Receiver Set is the perfect foundation for any rifle build.
- Machined from American-made 7075-T651 billet aluminum
- True black Type III Class 2 hard coat anodize
- T marked Picatinny rail
- Integrated and enlarged trigger guard
- Generous flare-cut magazine well to facilitate quick magazine insertion
- Ambidextrous bolt release
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Threaded bolt catch for ease of assembly and disassembly compared to traditional roll pins
- Enhanced charging handle latch locking point prevents wear to the upper receiver
- Compatible for use with the unique ZEV Slide Lock ambidextrous charging handle (sold separately)
- Compatible with the ZEV Wedge Lock hand guard integral anti-rotation pin for consistent alignment of the top rail (sold separately)
- Ejection port cover comes pre-installed
Ratings & Reviews
I just picked this up for my next build, I have no shooting experience with it yet but I must say I am impressed with the quality. I typically build using Wilson Combat, Spikes Gen II's and recently VSeven billet sets. I think this is up there with the best out there, the fit and finish is impeccable. I own Larue & LMT and this build will most likely end up being one of my favorites. I highly recommend this billet set. Will add to this review once have some range time, but I would say if you're considering it. Just go ahead!
Better than anything I've ever used...
By YellowMen USA
I’ve actually built this completely out, and shot it. I’ve now got 300 rounds through it and feel I can make a fair assesment on this upper/lower set. (See my YouTube review.)
<br>Although I was getting approx. half MOA with the Ascend Armory, I’m getting even less than that with the Zev set. This is a comparison that I did, with everything being the same between the two builds, except the upper and lowers from Zev, and Ascend Armory. I am also making my own handloads with 42.3 gr of H4831, on a Nosler 140gr RDF pill, seated at max mag-length. BCG is JP Enterprises full mass system, which also has a smaller diameter firing pin, too. David Tubbs AR10 buffer spring, and CTS buffer. The barrel that I utilized with both brand receivers is a Wilson Combat 6.5 Creedmoor 1&8 twist, SS, 24” fluted Super Sniper barrel. Although I do have a Silencerco Saker Trifecta muzzle device on the barrel, when shooting for the tighest groups possible, I made sure to shoot without it suppressed.