Effective date: June 1, 2020
Please read this policy carefully!
What Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
Personally Identifiable Information ("PII")
Depending on how you interact with our website, we may need to collect "personally identifiable information" ("PII"). This PII can include information such as your name, your contact information, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and your shipping information. We may also collect "non-personally identifiable information" ("Non-PII"), which is information that cannot be directly associated with you.
Note: we use Third-Party financial and credit services provided by Netsuite, US Credit, Inc., and FinMkt, Inc. to collect and process your billing or other financial information (such as credit card account information or credit reporting information). We use Third-Party software solutions, such as Netsuite pay processing, to collect and store your billing information. You can read about Netsuite’s, US Credit, Inc.’s, and FinMkt, Inc.’s billing and data collection policies here:
We collect PII when you provide it to us through your use of ZEVTechnologies.com (e.g. when you create an account, purchase a product, sign up for our email newsletter, etc.) or when you call in an order to our customer service team and give any personally identifiable information over the phone to a ZEV employee or contractor.
In addition, we may combine the PII and Non-PII we collect from you with additional information provided by third-parties. While we would never consciously collect or obtain data about our customers in an unethical manner, we will not be held responsible if we inadvertently obtain data from a third-party source that may have been collected in an unethical manner. However, if we learn that any third-party PII was collected unethically, we will cease using such data and will take steps to prevent our collecting that PII again. Please contact a ZEV customer service representative if you think your PII was provided to or collected from a third-party in an unethical manner.
Finally, we will not collect your PII unless you give us express or implied consent to do so in the first place. For more information on the differences between express vs. implied consent, check out this website provided by Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) enforcement agency: www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/infograph.htm.
If you decide you would like us to stop collecting your PII, simply contact a ZEV customer service representative or click here: HERE. If you are a California resident you may have additional rights, please see the Your California Resident Rights Section below.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("Non-PII")
As we mentioned above, Non-PII is information that cannot be directly associated with you. We automatically collect certain Non-PII when you use our services. For example, we collect information about the devices you use to connect to our services and about how you use our services (such as what time of day you visit our website). Our advertisers and ad servicers may also collect Non-PII outside of our direct website services to measure the success of our digital advertising campaigns. We use the Non-PII that we collect for a variety of purposes such as to provide and improve our services, and to analyze and improve our advertising to provide the most relevant messages to our current and potential customers.
Why Do We Collect Your PII and Non-PII?
The PII and Non-PII we collect is used to implement, analyze, and improve our services (e.g. process, fulfill, and ship orders, respond to customer service requests, make changes to current orders, etc.) and to conduct marketing across print and digital mediums. If you willingly subscribe ("opt in") to our email list, we will send you periodic emails about a variety of topics including, but not limited to: events, new products, special sales, blog content, educational content, company updates, etc.
We share email activity data with our marketing email provider (MailChimp) to help them better target our marketing emails to our customers. While our marketing email provider has access to email addresses and email activity and may share bulk/non-specific activity data (e.g. Non-PII), no email addresses, specific email actions, or other PII are ever shared with other third-parties unless your express consent is given. Should a consumer wish to "opt out" of this sharing, that consumer simply needs to opt out of marketing email from us and will be promptly removed from all email lists. There is an Unsubscribe link in the bottom of each email we send out or you may contact a ZEV customer service representative.
Note: Though we do not do business within the EU or with customers with EU-based IP addresses, we still endeavor to abide by the fundamental principles of the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield framework. More information on the protections this affords you and your PII can be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov.
Our Information Retention, Deletion, and Anti-Discrimination Policies
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You always request the right to request deletion of your information from our systems unless retention of said information, in whole or in part, is required by law. If you would like to delete your information, contact a ZEV customer service representative using the contact information below.
Finally, we absolutely will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights afforded you under this policy or by law. If you have any questions or concerns about exercising your privacy rights under this policy or by law, please contact a ZEV customer service representative using the contact information below.
How we Keep your Information Safe
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our services is at your own risk. You should only access our services within a secure environment.
Analytics and Digital Tools
Our website also uses third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with our Google Analytics service: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
ZEV and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
In addition to Google Analytics, we use a number of data collection and advertising platforms and services that help us make informed decisions about our website’s layouts, content, offerings, and advertising. These include, but are not limited to:
- All Google advertising and analytics platforms (e.g. Google Universal Analytics, Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Google ReCaptcha, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, etc.). These are used to collect data about user behavior on the site and to market to users through paid search and display campaigns. You can explore your options to opt out of Google advertising by clicking here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en#infochoices.
- https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb - display_optout
- Retargeting tools like Google Dynamic Remarketing. These use pixels to track users and enable us to advertise to visitors who have visited the site previously. You can learn about your choices to opt out of these services on the Google link provided above or here: https://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Facebook, Instagram, and its advertising and social media platforms. You can learn more about Facebook’s privacy policies and remarketing by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/about/basics/advertising.
- Affiliate marketing tools like AvantLink. You can learn more about AvantLink and its policies and practices here: https://www.avantlink.com/privacy.
- Location-driven services for our website and mobile platform provided by such tools as Locally.com. You can learn more about Locally.com and its policies here: https://www.locally.com/privacy.
- Real-time fraud analysis and location data provided by MaxMind. You can learn more about MaxMind and its practices here: https://www.maxmind.com/en/privacy_policy.
- Collection, display, and distribution of content provided by Bazaarvoice. You can learn more about Bazaarvoice and its practices here: http://www.bazaarvoice.com/legal/privacy-policy/
Note: You can learn about generally opting out of a variety of online advertising services by visiting the following websites:
How We Share Information
We do not disclose your PII to third-parties, except as follows. In all cases, you will be given notice and an opportunity to decide whether to share you PII:
- To companies that provide services to us or perform functions on our behalf (such as processing credit card payments, processing financing applications, or taking orders) and have agreed to use your information only for the purposes we request;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law, legal process, and/or governmental authorities;
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, partial or total sale of assets, or other corporate change.
Note: Though we do not do business within the EU or with customers with EU-based IP addresses, we still seek to only work with third-parties that abide by the principles of the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield framework. More information on the protections this affords you and your PII can be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov.
With your PII and Non-PII, you have the option to change, correct, or delete your information as well as the choice of not hearing from us again. There are several ways you can control our use of your PII and Non-PII in connection with marketing and promotions.
To remove your name from our customer lists.
You can choose to decline communications from us at the point we request your PII. Or, after we have collected your PII, you can choose to stop our communications, or stop us from sharing your information with other companies for their marketing purposes. To exercise any of these options, please either refer to the "opt out" information provided above or contact a ZEV customer service representative using the contact information below.
To stop email communications.
If you receive email communications from us and want to opt out of receiving such communications in the future, you can click the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.
Social media, reviews, and the information you post.
Correcting or Updating Your Information
If you would like to request changes to the PII that you have previously provided to us, you may either do so through your customer account settings, email preferences, or by contacting a ZEV customer service representative using the contact information below.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may be able to set your browser to reject and/or delete cookies. For instructions, check your browser’s technical information. However, bear in mind if you reject or delete cookies then this may disable or interfere with features of our services offered through ZEVTechnologies.com or other websites you visit. We recommend that you leave cookies "turned on" so we can offer you a better shopping experience on our sites.
We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are using our services and elsewhere on the Internet. This practice is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org or http://optout.networkadvertising.org to learn more and to opt out of this type of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory program. We do not operate or control these sites and are not responsible for the opt out choices available there. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. If you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt out choice.
Minors Under 13
The online experience, services, and products offered through ZEVTechnologies.com are not intended for the use of individuals under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information online from individuals under the age of 13.
Minors Over 13
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 need parental consent and supervision to use our services and make authorized, legal purchases from ZEVTechnologies.com in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws. We are not liable if this privilege is abused and we insist that parents monitor their children when accessing our website, products, and services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate any relevant accounts and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact a ZEV customer service representative or click here: zevtechnologies.com/contact
Links to Third-Parties and Social Media
Our website may contain links to third-party online sites. Such third-parties have their own policies that govern their collection, use, and disclosure of information.We suggest that you read their privacy policies to learn about their practices.
Social media provides tools that many of our customers use and enjoy, and we include links to various social media platforms on our websites. If you interact with these social media tools through our websites, your experience on those social media sites will be governed by the privacy and other policies of those sites. So, the privacy settings you have chosen on those sites will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We encourage you to review each social media site’s privacy policies prior to using their services and to adjust your privacy settings on each site according to your individual wishes.
For example, here are links to Facebook, Google (including YouTube), Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, Pinterest, and Instagram’s privacy policies – all companies that we work and interact with frequently (and provide links to on our website):
Keeping Your PII Safe
However, when you do communicate with our customer service representatives via email or social media, these communications may not be encrypted or otherwise protected. For that reason, we ask that you do not include or share sensitive information via these communication channels.
Your California Resident Privacy Rights
California’s "Shine the Light" law: California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email HERE or write to us at the address listed in the Contact Us Section below.
ZEV Technologies, Inc.
2120 Northpark Drive
Centralia, WA 98531
Contact Us Online
ZEV Technologies’ Privacy Notice for California Residents
This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
Where noted in this Notice, the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication ("B2B personal information") from some its requirements.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase online or over the phone.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
- Third-Party financial and credit services companies such as Netsuite, US Credit, Inc., and FinMkt Inc.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company [has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose/has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Third-Party financial and credit services providers.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company had not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (888) 317-1812
- Visiting our online portal: https://ccpaverification.com/zev-technologies
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent you may do so by calling us at the toll-free number above or visiting our online portal at: https://ccpaverification.com/zev-technologies
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Providing us with your name, email address, telephone number and zip code.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically we will create a password protected zip file.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to HERE or write us at:
ZEV Technologies, Inc.
2120 Northpark Drive
Centralia, WA 98531
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.