ZEV Technologies Grip Service
When purchasing a Glock® there are 3 top complaints. The factory sights, trigger pull and feel of the frame in hand. Zev Technologies© has the answer to the grip discomfort, a simple grip job that will adjust the feel of the frame to make a more comfortable fit to the owner's hand. Our Fulcrum Trigger will address the trigger pull and we also have sights that made out of quality material that will replace the factory plastic items. All items available for free installation with grip work.
ALL images associated with selections are on Generation 3 Glock® Standard size model frames.
Standard frame models: (17, 22, 33, 34, 35, 17L, 24. Gen 1-3 & 4)
- All standard frame models come with the blank mag-well section at the bottom of the frame for mag-well installation at a later time. Comes standard with a grip work on these models. Any other modifications are consistent across all other models.
Compact frame models: (19,23,32. Gen 1-3 & 4)
- All compact models that come in for work are textured to the bottom of the grip, unless otherwise requested or specified, at this time we have a mag-well for these models. Item must be purchased at the same time or shipped with the frame. All other modifications are consistent across all other models.
Sub-compact Frame Models: (26, 27, 33. Gen 1-3 & 4)
- All sub-compact models that come in for work are textured to the bottom of the grip, all other modifications are consistent across all other models.
Large Frame models: (20 & 21, 30 & 29, 41 & 40 Gen1-3, SF & Gen 4 )
- All large frame models that come in for work are textured to the bottom of the grip. Due to the material dimensions of large frame models, a flat backstrap reduction is not possible and any orders placed with this selection will be automatically updated to a 50% backstrap. All other modifications are consistent across models.
- ANY items that will affect the grip function must be shipped with the Frame
- IF you have a Generation 4 model and use the backstrap you must send it in.
- Back-straps not usable with a ZEV mag well.
- IF you are planning on having a trigger installed please send the fully assembled firearm for proper installation and testing.
NOTE: See important shipping instructions below.
- CCW Stipple
- SC - Light
- SC - Standard
- SC - Heavy
Stippling is a permanent, aggressive texture applied to the frame using heat. It is a versatile texture used for home defense, range usage, and competitions. Stippling can also be used for concealed carry and individuals with softer hands. Stippling of the frame provides a stronger, more secure grip on the firearm.
CCW Stippling is a permanent, aggressive texture applied to the frame using heat. Most commonly used for concealed carry. The stippling texture is still aggressive on the front & backstraps of the frame. However, the sides have been softened to prevent printing on clothing and abrasion of the skin. Stippling of the frame provides a stronger, more secure grip on the firearm.
Light Silicon Carbide is a semi-permanent, mildly aggressive, texture that is adhered to the frame after shaping.The light texture comes in black and feels similar to 100-120 grit sandpaper. Some shooters may find it too aggressive for concealed carry, but is an excellent all-purpose texture. Silicon carbide texture creates a secure, steady, aggressive texture allowing the shooter to maintain control of the firearm.
Standard Silicon Carbide is a semi-permanent, aggressive, texture that is adhered to the frame after shaping.This texture comes silver and feels similar to 80-100 grit sandpaper. Not suggested for carry, but excellent for all range usage and home protection. Standard Silicon carbide texture creates a secure, steady, aggressive texture allowing the shooter to maintain control of the firearm without necessity of gloves.
Heavy Silicon Carbide is a semi-permanent, highly aggressive, texture that is adhered to the frame after shaping.This texture comes silver color and texture feels similar to 60-80 grit sandpaper.Texture definitely not suggested for carry but is great for all competition usage. Gloves are recommended for this texture. Heavy silicon carbide texture creates a secure, steady, aggressive texture allowing the shooter to maintain control of the firearm with gloves.
No change to the finger grooves, keeps the frame at the same girth, height of finger grooves factory, and postioning of the fingers.
Medium reduction of the finger groove, leaves some of the high points but reduces the height that causes fingers to shift position. Reduces the overall girth of the frame slightly.
Complete removal of the finger grooves, flattening of the front of the frame. Reduces the overall girth of the frame in hand. The most reduction that can be done.
A single undercut underneath the trigger guard allows you to get a higher hold on the frame with the shooting hand making it more comfortable to hold. The mild shaping and polishing reduces discomfort on the middle finger of the shooting hand.
A double undercut of the trigger guard allows the same comfort with the shooting hand that the single undercut gives you, with the ability for a higher hold on the frame of the pistol with the support hand. The removal of material and texturing on the underside of the trigger guard allows for an indexing point and adds stability for the support hand.
No backstrap reduction performed on the frame. Maintains factory backstrap angle as well as factory feel in hand.
Reduction of the hump on the backstrap of the frame by half before texturing, reducing some of the overall girth of the firearm and adding to ease of sight acquisition.
Reduction of the hump on the backstrap of the frame making it straight flat line from the beavertail section to the bottom of the frame prior to texturing. Reducing the overall girth of the frame and adding to ease of sight acquisition.
- Left side only
- Right side only
- Both sides
Typically both sides leave the gun balanced for usage and indexing points. Some shooters prefer the texture on only the support hand side. This is all preference for each individual shooter.
- NOTE: You must select 2nd or Next Day Air shipping on all Grip Service orders.
- Call for more information.
- No shipping of a firearm through the US Postal Service unless directly from a Licensed Gun Store (FFL). IF shipped from an FFL it must go back to that same FFL. Customers should ship their frame/firearm UPS or FedEx Next Day Air (Saver) or faster. Insured for replacement value of item.
- Zev Technologies© is not responsible for Items lost in shipment, or improper shipment to our location.
- Recommendations: Do not use a UPS Store, do not use a FedEx dropbox, Package up your firearm PRIOR to going to any UPS or FedEx shipping centre, INCLUDE printed copy of your Sales order quotation.
- More shipping information here:
- Guns may be shipped to:
- ZEV Technologies
- 2120 Northpark Street
- Centralia, WA 98531
- Any other questions feel free to call us @ 805-486-5800
Ratings & Reviews
Well worth the LONG wait.
I sent my Glock 17 frame in November and received it back in February. I got the standard Silicone Carbide, had the fingers removed and backstrap removed 50%. This exceeded my expectations. The stock Glock 17 fit my hand really well (I thought) but this now feels fantastic. One cool thing I had not anticipated is that with the greater grip of the surface it is much easier to keep my hand higher on the frame and therefore more able to negate muzzle flip.
<br>If you're wondering, the regular silicon carbide doesn't hurt your hands or cause rubbing at all. This thing feels truly amazing. I highly recommend it. IMO, the only mod I would do before this one is the trigger.
By global arms
they do bad-ass work
ZEV SETS THE BAR
Standard stippling -Can't go wrong with signature look from Zev from cosmetic standpoint. From a shooters perspective, the overall grip job is significantly better than factory. if you don't mind a little aggressive feel on the hands. This is the way to go for anyone looking for a custom look and feel for there glock. 100 percent satisfied.
OUTSTANDING GRIP SERVICES
By Michael Cap
Zev has done two grip jobs for me. Silcon Carbide for my EDC/Off-Duty pistol and a Stipple job for my Duty pistol, which has now been converted into a Z34 Dragonfly. I'm extremely happy with both of the jobs. Fair price and fast service!
<br>The Silcon is great for EDC. Comfortable to wear even IWB and provides a tactical surface even when wet. The stipple is great for competition and was also great for a duty pistol. Wet or dry, bare hands or gloves the stippling improved the handling of the firearm.
Very very happy
Longtime shooter but first grip service. G19, no finger grooves, 50%, CCW stipple, 2 undercuts, thumb index. So happy I did it! Took a short while to get used to the different grip angle with the 50% but now I love it. It’s been a year and I’m sending my summer carry in for the same package. I’m very happy with the work and the stippling has held up. I lightly used low grit sandpaper to smooth down any rough spots touching my skin. If you’re on the fence, do it. It’s so much better with the undercuts, no finger grips and smaller grip. It’s not blocky anymore.